Company: T5 Data Centers
Title: Critical Facilities Technician (Electrical) – Nights & Wknds
Location: Atlanta, GA
Job Number: 2017 – T5FM037 – ATL2CFT
**Nights & Wknds – Switchgear and UPS expertise required**
**Position is located in Smyrna-Sandy Springs**
Critical Facilities Technician (Electrical) – Nights & Wknds
The Critical Facility Technician (CFT) is responsible for all aspects of data center operations related to critical and non-critical infrastructure, equipment, and systems.
- Operate, maintain, support, monitor, report on, and test critical and non-critical infrastructure equipment, and systems supporting the data center which includes: fire protection systems, generators, diesel fuel systems, UPS, PDUs, power infrastructure, main and generator switch gear, HVAC, chillers, chiller plant, water tower, air handlers, batteries, controls / building automation systems, breakers, load balancers and capacitor banks.
- Plan, schedule, and execute preventative maintenance activities of the data center infrastructure and all critical systems, identify and communicate issues.
- Manage and coordinate all onsite support of 3rd party contractors performing infrastructure projects, preventative maintenance, or testing; validate work against scope and hold 3rd parties accountable for agreed upon completion.
- Provide first response assessment of facility emergencies and dispatch vendors or resources to restore services.
- Assist with the development, revision, and execution of approximately 200 operating procedures and preventative maintenance inspections; perform quality control reviews.
- Write Maintenance Operation Procedures (MOPs) and develop data center standards and policies when necessary, including, but not limited to Method of Procedure, Standard Operation Procedures (SOPs), and Emergency Operation Procedures (EOPs).
- Work with a team of CFTs to deliver total availability (100% uptime) while minimizing risks.
- Monitor use of physical site premises power and utilities, make recommedations as needed in regard to capacity, local building codes, zoning, people or infrastructure; oversee changes to physical site infrastructure to prevent adverse impacts.
- Communicate and partner with T5 and client Operations, project managers, data center technicians, and other stakeholders on planned work, work performed, and risks / impacts.
- Coordinate and oversee janitorial services for raised floor and mechanical / electrical rooms.
- Maintain physical site location to provide clean operating environment free from litter, dust, and pollutants.
- Work shifts to support 24×7 data center operations, have flexibility in work hours to cover other shifts.
- Provide on call support 24x7x365 with 20 minute on site response time.
- Adhere to all federal, state, local, client, and company policies and procedures.
- Complete other such duties consistent with your roles as may be assigned by T5FM management.
Education and Experience:
- High school degree, required
- Prior military or technical school training, preferred
- 5+ years experience in Mission Critical Environments
- Electrical or mechanical licensure, preferred
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Competencies:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required for working effectively with client, CFM, team members, and vendors on daily data center management, required.
- Good written technical proficiency to support the creation and revision of process documentation (MOPs, SOPs, EOPs), including experience with Microsoft Office and Visio, required.
- Experience creating, managing, and maintaining service catalogues and SLAs, required.
- Above average problem solving and analysis skills for evaluating a situation, identifying solutions, and working with teammates and leadership to resolve, including negotiating pricing and arranging scheduling of vendors, as well as, experience building actionable metrics, required.
- Experience creating and managing a critical infrastructure preventative maintenance program, required.
- Able to follow instructions, respond to management direction, and complete tasks on time, required.
- Able to read and understand electrical and mechanical manuals, drawings and sketches, required.
- Takes responsibility for actions and is transparent in dealing with internal and external partners / stakeholders.
- Has a “can-do” service attitude who is conscientious and takes personal pride in their work, preferred.
To apply or for more details, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.