Company: T5 Data Centers
Title: Critical Facilities Technician (Electrical / Mechanical)
Location: Austin, TX
Job Number: 2017 – T5FM036 – CFTAUST
Critical Facilities Technician (Electrical / Mechanical)
The Critical Facilities Technician (CFT) is responsible for all aspects of data center operations related to critical and non-critical infrastructure, equipment, and systems.
- Operate, maintain, support, monitor, report on, and test critical and non-critical infrastructure equipment, and systems supporting the data center which includes: fire protection systems, generators, diesel fuel systems, UPS, PDUs, power infrastructure, main and generator switch gear, HVAC, chillers, chiller plant, water tower, air handlers, batteries, controls / building automation systems, breakers, load balancers and capacitor banks.
- Plan, schedule, and execute preventative maintenance activities of the data center infrastructure and all critical systems, identify and communicate issues.
- Manage and coordinate all onsite support of 3rd party contractors performing infrastructure projects, preventative maintenance, or testing; validate work against scope and hold 3rd parties accountable for agreed upon completion.
- Provide first response assessment of facility emergencies and dispatch vendors or resources to restore services.
- Assist with the development, revision, and execution of approximately 200 operating procedures and preventative maintenance inspections; perform quality control reviews.
- Write Maintenance Operation Procedures (MOPs) and develop data center standards and policies when necessary, including, but not limited to Method of Procedure, Standard Operation Procedures (SOPs), and Emergency Operation Procedures (EOPs).
- Work with a team of CFTs to deliver total availability (100% uptime) while minimizing risks.
- Monitor use of physical site premises power and utilities, make recommendations as needed in regard to capacity, local building codes, zoning, people or infrastructure; oversee changes to physical site infrastructure to prevent adverse impacts.
- Communicate and partner with T5 and client Operations, project managers, data center technicians, and other stakeholders on planned work, work performed, and risks / impacts.
- Coordinate and oversee janitorial services for raised floor and mechanical / electrical rooms.
- Maintain physical site location to provide clean operating environment free from litter, dust, and pollutants.
- Work shifts to support 24×7 data center operations, have flexibility in work hours to cover other shifts.
- Provide on call support 24x7x365 with 20-minute on site response time.
- Adhere to all federal, state, local, client, and company policies and procedures.
- Complete other such duties consistent with your roles as may be assigned by T5FM management.
Education and Experience:
- High school degree, required
- Prior military or technical school training, preferred
- 5+ years experience in Mission Critical Environments
- Electrical or mechanical licensure, preferred
To apply or for more details, email us at email@example.com.